Thank you for this award, Marie from The (Not Always ) Lazy W.
I was rather surprised by this award, partially because I had not received a reward in quite some time, but also because I am very often surprised by the way that people see me.
So, getting down to the business of this award, I now need to share 7 things that (I think) you don't know about me.
mmmmm.... being of the positive persuasion these days, let's share the following uplifting things:
1. I LOVE challenges. My current challenge is not buying any junk or take away (including sweets and crisps) for the next 40 days as part of Lent (no I am not Catholic), as well as taking part in the Deepak Chopra 21-day Meditation Challenge. Recently ended was the Ahimsa Challenge, and straight after this is the Satya challenge (Truthfulness). I love challenges because you have the group energy of discipline as you make something a part of your daily life.
2. I recently got my very first ever commission for a sketch (thanks again to Marie) although I still have to receive the actual picture to draw. Other opportunities that have recently come up are: Baby Naming Ceremonies; Corporate Gifts; Yin Yoga Workshops. What can I say? I am very talented, mostly at juggling though :)
3. The best moments in my life are the ones that I spend with Guppy and we simply go with the flow. Alongside this are the moments that I get to spend with Sparky, where we talk the least, but communicate the most.
4. I am studying to be a Yoga Teacher, as well as doing my BA in Literature (specialising in Creative Writing). Thank heavens that Sparky supports these endeavors of mine, both because no one else does, and because if he did not, it would not have been possible what with raising our daughter and all as well.
5. I am an active Greeney, basically meaning that I care for this world and our environment. I am thankful for being given this time on this planet, and fully realise both my significance and my insignificance in this universe. I fully accept my responsibility and play my part because of my respect for this creation, as well as for what I desire my daughter's future to be filled with. I don't just take it as a given that someone else should or will pick up my slack; I do what I can because I have a responsibility to my daughter, as much as to myself.
6. Of course we all have very many lessons to learn in this world of ours, but I find that as I learn, there is usually one "bigger" lesson that tends to come up all the time for any amount of time that I require to learn this lesson in, then it kinda fades a little (it still comes up because if I had mastered anything in this lifetime you would've called me Ghandi, not Nadya) while the next one starts it cycle. Currently, my big lesson is to ask for help. I am not the best asker of help, but I am making a conscious effort and I am very proud of myself for what I have been able to ask for thus far.
7. What I am accomplishing in this space of my life is being able to work from home, doing Gentle Trader, giving private Yoga classes as well as a few group Yoga classes, workshops and the like. It's not complete yet, but I have it by the horns!
I now nominate the following blogs "to forth and spread this award to the best of their abilities, whilst remembering to carry the torch of this here award with every post that they post.... well, most of the posts anyway" :)
Little Human Being - this is truly a sweet blog, with hand drawn pics and such sweet and relevant messages with each and every post.
Love Who You Are - another sweet blog, sharing barefoot experiences that make us real.
Perception is reality - injecting a marvelously different point of view into my life.
Kirsty Girl - an old time favourite... Just a blog of pictures, of cats and boats and surfs... But always the pictures evoke such a feeling of simplicity, appreciation of the little things in our lives.
Dyamond in the Rough - another old time fav: You don't get much sweeter than a blog about love, self acceptance, kindness and compassion.
I hope everyone enjoys browsing through these nominations, and nominated ones, remember to share the sweetness!